Now a days Omegle is highly popular among the users this allow the user to pair with the random strangers online and allow you to chat.
One can easily connect with anyone around the World and talk via instant messaging as well as send voice and video chat.
But, recently Omegle error connecting to server is reported by many users and stop the users from using this service.
The error is very irritating and appears randomly while using Omegle due to many different reasons. So here in this article we have listed the potential solutions that worked for many users.
So, keep reading the guide to learn more about the error and why it occurs.
What causes Omegle error connecting to server Error?
Well, there is no any clear reason why the error appears but there are other different culprits which may result in the error connecting to server error on Omegle. Below has a look at some of the common ones:
- The unstable or poor internet connection can cause interruption and stop the users from establishing connection.
- Corrupted browsing data and the cookies may result is causing corruption.
- Another common culprit result in causing the error is server issues. The Omegle server might be down or under maintenance.
- The browser or the computer is having outdated settings and prevent Omegle from running properly
- Corrupted Windows system file might also prevent Omegle from running properly.
So, these are some of the common reasons that stop the users from connecting with other and show the error message Omegle error connecting to server. Now follow the fixes given one by one to fix the error.
How to Fix “Omegle error connecting to server” Error?
Solution 1: Flush DNS
It seems like the problem is related to the network connection so here it is suggested to check of network related issues ad fix Omegle error connecting to server problem. Here you need to run the set of the commands in the command prompt and this will solve various problems related to network. Doing this will rebuild the IP and DNS settings as well as reacquire some of them.
So below follow the steps given:
- Press the Windows icon and in the search box type CMD and right click on the matching result and choose Run as administrator and launch command prompt as administrator.
- Now in the command prompt type the below given commands and hit Enter after each.
- Type in the following commands in the window and make sure you press Enter after typing each one.
- Wait for the process to finish completely and reboot your PC
- Now open the browser and try opening Omegle to see if the error connecting to server is fixed or not
Solution 2: Delete Entire Browser Cookies
Deleting entire cookies from the browser allow you to fix varipus problem caused by the browser. so here it is suggested to delete the browser cookies and cache to fix the Omegle error connecting to the server problem.
Follow the steps given to clear the cache and cookies on Google Chrome:
- First click on the three vertical dots in right corner
- And then click on More tool options and then click clear browsing data option.
- For clearing everything select the beginning of time setting in the time period and select the data your want to delete like the cache and cookies.
- Now to remove All cookies again here you need to click on the 3 dots again and click on Settings and scroll to go to the bottom and expand Advanced settings.
- Next open the Content Settings and scroll down for clearing all the cookies and deleted entire cookies you found here.
- Reboot your PC and try opening the Omegle website to see if the Omegle not working problem is resolved.
Solution 3: Repair Corrupt System Files
Another main reasons responsible for the Omegle error connecting to the server is the corrupted Windows system files. Now you need to repair the corrupted Windows system files and solve as Omegle will be unable to connect to the server error.
Follow the steps to repair corrupted system files:
- Press the Windows + R key to open the Run box here type CMD and press CTRL+ Shift + Enter key
- Now the command prompt will launch as an administrator.
- Here type sfc/scannow command in the command prompt and hit Enter
- Wait for the scanning process to finish
Once the scanning process is finished reboot your computer and see if the error Omegle connecting to server error on Windows system.
So, this is all about how to fix Omegle error connecting to the server error.