If a FedEx truck hits you, you should get the driver’s information and collect all the evidence in the first place. In terms of information, name and contact information are the things you need to collect first. You should also take pictures of the damage to your car and the truck. You should then call the police to report the accident.
Furthermore, you can also call FedEx customer service to report the accident. They will then send someone out to inspect your vehicle for damages and provide you with an estimate for repair costs. If there is extensive damage, they may need to tow your car away so a mechanic can properly inspect it. A person who got injured in a FedEx truck accident will face many financial losses, but they can recover it by filing a claim. They can consult their case with a truck accident attorney to increase their chances of winning.
Let’s take a look at the details of things you can do if a FedEx Truck hits you.
How to Deal with the Aftermath of an Accident
If you have been in an accident with a FedEx truck and are concerned about the aftermath, then you should know the following:
- If there was no physical contact or injury involved, then the driver will write down their information and provide you with a copy of their report.
- If there was physical contact or injury, then they will call for emergency services and wait until they arrive.
- You can also call emergency services yourself if you need to.
- If your car is damaged, they will tow it away at no cost.
- If your car is not damaged, they will ask if you would like them to take care of any damages on your vehicle before it is towed away.
The Basics of Filing an Accident Claim
A FedEx truck is considered to be one of the safest modes of transportation in the world. But accidents happen, and when they do, they can lead to serious injuries for drivers and passengers alike. In such cases, it is important that you know your rights and what steps need to be taken to file an accident claim against the company.
You can always find several ways of filing lawsuits, but the first thing you need is a truck accident lawyer to look into the facts of your case fully. These are some basic things that you need to have for filing an accident claim if you are hit by a FedEx truck:
- Driver’s criminal history
- Driver’s record before FedEx hired them
- Driver’s complete record while they were operating various routes for FedEx
- Driver’s training record they received while they were at FedEx
- Disciplinary record when driving for FedEx
Insurance Claims and Aftermath
After being hit by a FedEx Truck, you may be wondering what to do next.
If you were injured in the accident, you must file an insurance claim with your insurance company. You will need to fill out a form and provide as much information about the accident as possible to speed up the process. You would need to file a claim with FedEx if your car was damaged. You will need to contact their claims department if they don’t have liability insurance. Get a lawyer to get this process started.
The things mentioned in this article can help you get a plan after being hit by a FedEx Truck. You need to ensure that you have an accident lawyer who will help through the entire process and assist you in filing a claim. So, collect all the data and evidence you can to strengthen your case.